Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Exodus 37:1-38:31 ~ Matthew 28:1-20 ~ Psalm 34:11-22 ~ Proverbs 9:9-10

~ Click on this link for today's readings ~

Exodus 37:1-38:31 - How wonderful that God commanded Moses to document all of these precise measurements and lists of materials so that future generations could see recreations of these holy artifacts.



Matthew 28:1-20 - Isn't it a wonderful coincidence that today's reading in the OYB falls on Valentine's Day and ends with this promise from Jesus: "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." I also love how this Gospel ends with Jesus' command to his apostles (and to all of us): "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

Psalm 34:11-22 - From this day forward, let me take refuge in the LORD. Just these first few days of devotion to the Word of God, and my heart is already soaring. It makes me wonder why I haven't pursued God like this earlier in my life (I'm 38). Oh LORD, I pray that you will help me keep my tongue from evil. Let me be a light to others, drawing them to your Word.

Proverbs 9:9-10 - Honestly, it is the fear of the LORD that drew me to the Bible. I love God and my greatest desire is to dwell with Him forever in heaven. I know Jesus is my savior; He took my sins with Him to the cross. Yet I fear Him because I am a sinner. I want to turn completely from evil and strive to live up to His expectations. It's not easy. But His Word is definitely helping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home