Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Leviticus 13:1~59, Mark 6:1~29, Psalm 39:1~13, Proverbs 10:10

~ Feb 22: Click here for today's readings ~

Old Testament - This passage contains detailed instructions for the Israelites on the diagnosis and treatment protocols for infectious diseases and mildew.

New Testament - Mike has a good commentary on this passage at the OYBB site.

Psalms - The first verse of Psalm 39 makes me reflect on countless "watercooler" conversations at the office with "the boys". It's easy to be drawn into humorous discussions that often degrade into something that includes some kind of inappropriate content. Now, I don't mean to label my colleagues as wicked; I too have contributed to these "macho" fests. But Psalm 39 has good advice that I will try to keep in mind at all times.

Proverbs - The proverb reinforces the psalm above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home